Star Trek Into Darkness footage


I'm pretty lucky in that my new internship has me doing some pretty incredible things, working for JOE.ie.

On Monday, I got to go to a screening of about a half hour of Star Trek footage from the new movie due out in May, and it was absolutely fantastic.

This particular clip was in 2D, but the final version will be beautiful 3D Imax with all the bells and whistles, and it's going to be an absolute corker.

There was a great feeling of suspense throughout the opening sequence in the key scenes where we're introduced to the main characters and re-introduced to those from the last movie if you missed it, so in that sense it can certainly stand alone. Still, it wouldn't hurt to head out and see it it before hand either.

The main villain, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, also looks like he'll be a memorable one, who launches an attack on Star Fleet from within their own ranks.



I'm not going to give anything away from what I saw, you're going to be tired from all the tense gripping of the arm rests that you'll be doing during this one.

Perhaps I'm showing my true colours here, but in one particular scene, my instant thought was "bloody Hell, Star Wars is going to be incredible".

I won't deny that this title will probably be less "Trekky" and more open to a wider audience, but it will probably be all the better for it, and if you haven't already gotten involved in the pre-booking (which started this morning), then you probably should.

It's going to be bloody brilliant, and I already can't wait to see the rest. The ending of the last scene we were shown got an audible gasp throughout the cinema of battled-hardened critics (also I was there like a big fresh faced n00b), so you should get excited. Now.

Post a Comment